As we get older, our lives become more structured and filled with busy work days. It’s easy to feel like you have no time for fun anymore, especially if you’re single. But that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some time away from the office or home! There are many vacations for singles over 60—especially if they involve cycling through the countryside, learning about wine and winemaking, or sailing.
Cycling through the country
If you’re fit, there’s no reason why you can’t enjoy cycling through the country.
You can take a bike tour through a country, ride in groups or do it on your own with no route planned out—and if you choose to go alone, that’s fine too! You’ll find plenty of interesting places along the way and make lots of new friends while exploring them. One thing I love about cycling is that it doesn’t matter where I am or what time it is. My destination could be anywhere in the world. I’d still enjoy myself because it always feels like an adventure when I ride my bicycle.
And remember: when planning vacations for singles, don’t forget about food! You might want to bring snacks with you so they won’t weigh down your bag too much but remember these things: saltiness enhances thirstiness which means one thing: stay hydrated throughout this entire process (and make sure those bottles aren’t empty by the end).
Taking a cooking class
Choosing a country and type of food:
- First, you’ll want to decide which country you want to visit. There are many options out there, but we recommend the following:
- Italy—If you love pasta, pizza and all things Italian, then this is the place for you. The food is delicious and the people are friendly!
- France—France has one of the best cuisines in Europe with its many French pastries including croissants (you can even make it yourself), baguettes (these are great if they’re warm), meringues (another dessert) and more!
- Thailand—Thailand has some amazing foods like pad thai with shrimp or chicken on top of rice noodles mixed with bean sprouts and egg along with other ingredients such as garlic chives or bean sprouts depending on how spicy hot sauce used was added into dish before eating it). You might need some water afterwards though because these dishes tend to be spicy hot since many Thais like spicy foods too much so adding extra chili peppers into their meals isn’t uncommon at all times…
Learning about wine and winemaking
- Wine tasting
- Wine making
- History of wine
- Regions of the world with a rich tradition of winemaking.
For example, if you’re taking a tour in France, you can learn about Bordeaux and its long history of producing Cabernet Sauvignon wines as well as Champagne and its sparkling methode champenoise. In Italy, you may find yourself exploring the region around Venice and learning about Prosecco or Vermouth production. In Germany, it will be all about Riesling or Pinot Noir. For the adventurous traveler interested in a unique experience in their next destination (or even just for home entertainment), there are also tours available that take participants through vineyard fields where they can sample different varietals before going on to see how wine is produced from start to finish at local wineries. One of the things to look forward to on vacations for singles.
Learning about sailing or boating
- Learning about sailing or boating
- Take sailing lessons. Learning the basics of sailing is a great way to get in touch with your inner sailor. You may even find yourself eager to learn how to charter a boat, which can make for an awesome group activity with friends who share your enthusiasm.
- Learn about boating and boating safety. Whether you’re interested in taking a coastal cruise or just want to know what kinds of things might be lurking at the bottom of that lake, there are tons of resources out there for people who want to expand their knowledge base on topics related to watercraft and their maintenance needs.
- Learn about boating maintenance: If you’ve ever wondered how exactly boats work under the surface (or above it), this is an excellent opportunity for self-improvement! There are plenty of resources available online that can help newbie captains navigate through these waters without getting lost along the way—or sinking their boats altogether!
Going on an Arts Tour
Vacations for singles can be fun. So, if you’re looking for a more interactive way to see a city, an arts tour might be the way to go. Artists often have a unique perspective on the cities they live in, and these tours can offer insights into how different neighborhoods evolved or even how buildings were designed. Plus, artists are usually passionate about their craft and love talking about it with others! And if you’re lucky enough to find yourself on an art tour with one of your favorite local artists as your guide? That’s going to be amazing!
There are many adventures waiting for singles over 60.
So you’re a single over 60 and you’ve decided it’s time to have some fun. Maybe you’re looking for something active, or maybe you want a new experience. Maybe even both! The good news is that there are plenty of adventures just waiting for singles over 60. You can do many things! Vacations for singles are worth it!
You won’t need bingo cards or paper hats to join in these adventures, so they won’t involve any awkward socialization at all. And if they do happen to involve meeting new people, they won’t make it feel like an awkward first date because everyone knows why they’re there: They just came here for the adventure!
We hope you enjoyed these five affordable, fun and exciting adventures for singles over 60. We want you to know that there are many more opportunities out there for singles who are looking for something to do. The trips listed here should help give you inspiration on where to go next!