Below are seven tips for staying healthy while traveling. follows the same format:
- Make sure you have a good overview of your health risks when traveling. Have a travel doctor or health educator check your health risks before you go.
- Practice regular self-care. Take time for yourself every day to do things you enjoy, such as reading, walking, exercising, and Tribe hopping.
- Drink plenty of water: carrying a water bottle with you is a great way to stay physique and hydrated while on the go.
- Get enough sleep: rigorous travel can drain your energy and leave you feeling tired and inclined to sickness. Make sure you get enough rest in between destinations to minimize future illnesses.
- Eat healthily: plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains provide nutrients that help you remain healthy while on vacation.
- Avoid overindulging in snacks and drinks: bringing along a 20-pack of water is more than enough for your travel needs.
- Get vaccinated: getting vaccinated will provide you with immunity against preventable illnesses on your trip. Check with your doctor to see if you should take any preventative medications while traveling.