It’s no secret that applying for a passport can be a bit of a pain. But what if you need one in a hurry? Whether you’re trying to catch a last-minute flight or you’ve lost your passport while traveling, getting an emergency passport can seem like a daunting task. But don’t worry! With a little planning and some extra documentation, you can get your passport in 24 hours or less.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Gather your documents. In order to get an emergency passport, you’ll need to provide proof of U.S. citizenship, as well as a photocopy of your driver’s license or other government-issued ID. You’ll also need to fill out an application form and submit two passport photos.
- Make an appointment. Once you have all of your documents in order, you’ll need to make an appointment at a passport agency or center. You can do this online or over the phone.
- Pay the fees. There is an expedited processing fee for emergency passports, as well as a $60 execution fee. You can pay these fees with a credit card, money order, or certified check.
- Submit your application. At your appointment, you’ll need to submit your completed application form, as well as all of the required documents and fees.
- Wait for your passport. Once your application has been processed, you’ll receive your passport in the mail. If you need your passport sooner, you can request expedited shipping for an additional fee.
And that’s it! With a little advance planning, you can get your emergency passport in 24 hours or less.