Looking to make the most of your travel experiences as a nurse? Wondering how to stay healthy while on the go? Extravaganza Travel has got you covered! As a licensed Travel Nurse, I know first-hand how important it is to have a well-rounded travel kit. Here are 5 tips for optimizing your travel experience as a nurse:
1. Make a doctor’s appointment at least 10 days in advance of your trip. This will help mitigate any potential difficulties or issues you may encounter while on your trip.
2. Create a packing plan. Assess what you’ll need during your trip, and make a list. This will help you to avoid overcrowding your bags and help you to remember important items while on your trip.
3. Get travel insurance. This is an important step you can take to protect yourself financially in case of an emergency.
4. Make use of local health clinics. Accommodations are not the only places that offer medical services. Try to find a clinic in the area you will be staying to make sure that you are taking advantage of the local health care system.
5. Make sure to drink plenty of fluids. Instead of packing sugary drinks, pack fruit and water instead. This will help you to stay hydrated, and it will also help to avoid the dreaded traveler’s diarrhea.