Do you know what to do on moving day to minimize stress? You’re in luck because we’ve got the tips you need. Here are six steps to help you prepare:
- Figure out what you need. This is the most important step. Start by writing down everything you pack and plan to take with you. This will help you stay organized and efficiently pack.
- Create a checklist. This will make sure you don’t forget anything. If you have a friend or family member who can help you pack, having a checklist will make sure you don’t double pack something.
- Have an Estimate. Speaking of doubling up… have an estimate of how much everything will cost to ship. This will help you create a packing budget and avoid overspending.
- Buy in bulk. This goes without saying, but if you can, take advantage of buying in bulk. This will save you money in the long run and make packing easier.
- Move as much as you can. Make sure to pack everything you can – leave the bigger pieces of furniture at the extension. This will make your move go by faster.
- Don’t stress. This may seem impossible, but try to relax. Remember, this is only for a day. Once the move is over, you can go back to your normal routine and everything will be just fine.