“Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do,” Mark Twain once said. “So throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream,” as JM Barrie wrote in Peter Pan. So why not start exploring now? The world is full of amazing people and places to explore; why don’t we get lost in them together? Here are some solo female travel quotes for you:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – Mark Twain
We all know that life is a journey, not a destination. It’s important to remember this while you’re out traveling on your own, because it will be difficult—it will be hard!—but it will also be worth it. These quotes are here to remind you of that fact:
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.”
This quote is about taking risks: don’t be afraid of failure; don’t be afraid of success; and don’t let fear keep you from trying new things or experiencing life in different ways.
“Never tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon” – Unknown
The sky is not the limit. This is one of my best solo female travel quotes of all time.
There are footprints on the moon. You can achieve anything you want to do, if you set your mind to it and work hard. You can be anything you want to be, and do anything that comes into your head or heart. Never tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!
“It’s time for me to start living.” – The Perks of Being a Wallflower
A quote from the movie The Perks of Being a Wallflower, which is about a teenager who is shy and has no friends. But he meets a group of kids who accept him for who he is, and they encourage him to start living. He gets to know the girl of his dreams, has great experiences and overall learns about life and himself.
“She was free in her wildness. Also a wanderess, a drop of free water. She belonged to no man and to no city.” – Roman Payne
This quote from Roman Payne’s novel “A Wanderess” brings me back to my last solo trip to Colombia, when I spent two weeks hiking through the mountains with just a backpack and journal. After spending so much time alone, I began to feel as if I were like that drop of water: belonging neither to any city nor any man but instead belonging only to myself, which made me feel both small yet powerful at once.
“You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
This quote is so powerful because it’s all about stopping yourself from getting overwhelmed by the future and past and focusing on what’s happening in your present moment. When you’re traveling solo, this quote can help you focus on what’s right in front of you: your comfort level, budgeting and planning out your trip. It’ll also help you stop comparing yourself to other travelers who are doing their own thing on their own vacation (or business trip). After all, there’s no “right” way to travel!
“We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Unknown
Traveling is a great way to get away from the stress of your daily life. You’ll be able to see and experience new cultures, people and ways of thinking. It’s also a good way to spend time with yourself by yourself; you don’t have anyone else around asking you questions or interrupting your thoughts as they come into your head. If you’re someone who likes peace and quiet, traveling will give you an opportunity for just that!
“Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” – David Mitchell
- Traveling helps you to find yourself. You learn more about who you are and what you want by exploring new places, meeting new people and challenging yourself.
- Traveling helps you to find your purpose. Finding out what really drives and inspires us is an important part of finding out who we are as humans and where our lives are headed.
- Traveling helps you to find your passions in life, which then lead to a career path that makes sense for you in terms of both pay and passion (or at least one of them).
- If none of this applies directly but still interests you, consider traveling as a fun way to meet new friends from around the world – especially if all of them have similar interests as yours!
“She packed her backpack and off she went, because the only way to find yourself is to get lost in the beauty of this world.”- Unknown
This is a classic quote that has been so often used it hardly even seems like a quote anymore. But if you are worried about being alone when you travel, this is the one for you. The beauty of this world and its people are out there waiting for you to find them. Don’t be afraid to let go and explore!
solo female, solo female travel, solo travel, solo female travel quotes
- “This is a great way to travel. I’ve met so many people, and everyone has been really nice.”
- “I don’t think I could do this with my family or boyfriend.”
- “It feels good to be alone sometimes.”
- “I do not know what I am doing, but that’s okay!”