There’s no denying that pregnancy is a beautiful and miraculous time. But, it can also be a time when you need to take extra care of yourself. This is especially true if you’re 33 weeks pregnant and traveling.
Here are some tips to help you stay healthy and safe while 33 weeks pregnant and traveling:
- Get travel insurance that covers pregnancy-related risks.
- Make sure to get plenty of rest before your trip.
- Drink plenty of fluids and eat healthy food while on the road.
- Avoid long flights if possible, or at least get-up and move around every few hours during a long flight.
- Pack your maternity bag carefully, including all the essentials like snacks, a water bottle, comfortable clothes, and your insurance information.
- If you’re renting a car, be sure to get a car seat that is safe for a pregnant woman.
- Be sure to take breaks often when sightseeing or walking around.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Wear comfortable shoes to avoid swelling and pain.
- Avoid hot tubs and saunas.
- Be cautious of food safety when traveling.
- Stay away from areas where there are known risks for the Zika virus.
- Check with your healthcare provider before travel if you have any questions or concerns.
By following these tips, you can help ensure a healthy and safe travel experience while 33 weeks pregnant.