You always need to take individual precautions while traveling, but there are some general things you can do to stay safe.
Here are some commonly forgotten tips for staying safe while traveling:
- Never leave your belongings unattended in a public place all if they’re valuable.
- Always keep a photocopy of your passport and airline tickets on you, in case you lose them.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times. If possible, use common sense when traveling in unfamiliar places, and avoid walking around alone at night.
- Avoid eating food from street vendors or from unassuming places. Make sure to cook all food you eat before eating it and avoid drinks from unlicensed vendors.
- Avoid large crowds and isolated areas. If you do find yourself in a dangerous situation, try to get out and find help as quickly as possible.
- Be aware of scams reported in different parts of the world. Always be alert for people claiming to be representatives of companies such as airlines or hotels, asking for your personal information or money.
Whatever precautions you take, always be alert and use your common sense when traveling. If something doesn’t feel right, trust your intuition and get out of there.